From: Andreas [mailto:andreas@conectiva.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 2:52 PM
To: Yelich, Scott D.
Cc: pll+ldap@lanminds.com; OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some NEW numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:30:00PM -0400, Yelich, Scott D. wrote:
>    sure.. and the benchmarks showed... what.. a 2% gain in performance?
>    (or even a performance hit?)

I assume you are talking about HT vs non-HT. No improvement due to that,
I agree. One must also consider that slapadd is not threaded if I'm not
mistaken. SCSI was the big improvement, and my choice for testing slapadd
on this HT machine.
The HT machine might be much better than a non-HT one in the case of
the threaded slapd daemon, but I'm not testing HT: I'm trying to see
what kind of figures I can get out from openldap with the machines I have
around here.

>    I am going to laugh so hard when people find out they have
>    to pay licenses by the count of cpus.

I think they already have to in the case of some proprietary operating
systems.

This mail message originated outside Commerzbank via the Internet. As a result, the sender's address is not verifiable.

This communication is confidential and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of the information and you are requested to notify Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, New York Branch immediately that you have received it and then to destroy the copy in your possession. Views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Commerzbank AG.