Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some NEW numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:30:00PM -0400, Yelich, Scott D. wrote:
>    sure.. and the benchmarks showed... what.. a 2% gain in performance?
>    (or even a performance hit?)

I assume you are talking about HT vs non-HT. No improvement due to that,
I agree. One must also consider that slapadd is not threaded if I'm not
mistaken. SCSI was the big improvement, and my choice for testing slapadd
on this HT machine.
The HT machine might be much better than a non-HT one in the case of
the threaded slapd daemon, but I'm not testing HT: I'm trying to see
what kind of figures I can get out from openldap with the machines I have
around here.

>    I am going to laugh so hard when people find out they have
>    to pay licenses by the count of cpus.

I think they already have to in the case of some proprietary operating
systems.