Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:31:03AM -0400, pll+ldap@lanminds.com wrote:
> with long periods of high disk I/O, IDE breaks down.  SCSI will fare
> a lot better, since it's a parallel bus, and can prioritize requests,

The slapadd load is ongoing right now on a better machine with two
scsi disks.

> Well, the BDB backend will be some of that, but my guess is the
> amount of logging you have going on.  It might be worth testing this
> again and turn off logging completely just to see the performance

Hmm, I was talking about the BDB transactions logs, not syslog. Anyway,
it seems I forgot to add loglevel 0 do my slapd.conf. In fact, there is
no loglevel directive in my slapd.conf. Since I'm getting nothing at
the LOCAL4 facility, I suppose the default is zero anyway, but I'll
run these tests again later on with loglevel set to zero explicitly.