OpenLDAP

Hello

   we have OpeLDAP just to locate contact and personal info of our group.

We are planning to make this LDAP as our authentication for all resources like authentication for mail server , domain authenticaiton for windows PC (win9x and win2k and winXP).
we also want authentication for linux workstations on this LDAP server.

we almost want it full authentication server for our group.
I have some idea, but not sure how to proceed with this.

Right now we don't have anything like NIS or domain authentication.
Authentication is done using passwd file, from machine to Machine bases, you can imagine how advanced we are.
Can someone please give some hints how to proceed with LDAP to make it fully functional server for authentcation.

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?