Re: Search Result is result: 32 No such object

shreedhar wrote:
Hi All,
My ldif file consists of following info
dn: cn=June Rossi, ou=accounting, o=Ace Industry, c=US
cn: June Rossi
sn: Rossi
givenName: June
mail: rossi@aceindustry.com <mailto:rossi@aceindustry.com>
userPassword: {sha}KDIE3AL9DK
telephoneNumber: 2616
roomNumber: 220
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
dn: cn=Marc Chambers, ou=manufacturing, o=Ace Industry, c=US
cn: Marc Chambers
sn: Chambers
givenName: Marc
mail: chambers@aceindustry.com <mailto:chambers@aceindustry.com>
userPassword: {sha}jdl2alem87dlacz1
telephoneNumber: 2652
roomNumber: 167
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
If I run through ldapsearch command
[root@devserv Database]# ldapsearch -x -b 'o=Ace,c=US' 'objectclass=*' -f sample1.ldif
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=Ace,c=US> with scope sub
# filter pattern: objectclass=*
# requesting: ALL
#
#
# filter: objectclass=*
#
# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object
# numResponses: 1
[root@devserv Database]#
What will be error in this. I run search command in the path where sample1.ldif exists.
Any one can let me know how can i search required record and how.
Regards,
Sreedhar
Our greatest happiness in life does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits

"No such object" usually means that the base of the search is incorrect or that has not been found. You appear to be building a directory under a base of "o=Ace Industry, c=US" , but are then searching for entries under 'o=Ace,c=US' . So,

1) Add the entry for c=US
2) Add the entry for o=Ace Industry, c=US
3) Add the entry for ou=accounting, o=Ace Industry, c=US
4) Add the two cn entries shown above
5) ldapsearch -x -b 'o=Ace Industry, c=US' 'objectclass=*'

-- Dave -- Dave Lewney Principal Systems Programmer, Computing Service University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QJ. Tel: 01273 678354 Fax: 01273 271956