ipNetwork / ipService

In OpenLDAP 2.0.27 I was happily using these two structural object classes in the same object. However, I am trying to upgrade to 2.1.17 and am receiving this error:
(65) invalid structural object class chain (ipService/ipNetwork)
I understand that this is incorrect; that it was permitted by 2.0.27 but not by 2.1.17. Why are these object classes structural anyway ? ipHost is not.

I was using these to create objects that represent NAT rules as illustrated in the LDIF below.

dn: cn=rule002,cn=Masquerading,ou=Test,o=WAGOV,c=AU
objectClass: top
objectClass: ipService
objectClass: ipNetwork
cn: rule002
cn: Masquerading
ipServicePort: 993
ipServiceProtocol: 6
ipNetworkNumber: 0.0.0.0
ipNetmaskNumber: 0.0.0.0

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to implement what I am try to do in 2.1.x ?

tia
Luke