Re: LDAP Queries

While I'm debugging, I keep a window open with...

slapd -d 256 -h "ldap:// ldaps://" &

Thanks,
Adam

At 8:14 AM +0200 5/22/03, Marcus Merighi wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

 --On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:46 PM -0400 Russell Premont
 <rpremont@intellistar.net> wrote:

 Yes. I am sure the issue is not with ldap it's self but with courier.
 When I set the Auth method to ldap in courier I can watch the syslog and
 see the mail being delivered so I am sure ldap is fine. I can also use
 softerra ldap admin and connect fine so...I am pretty sure the issues
 with courier, that is the only thing that has changed.

 up your loglevel in slapd.conf, and watch what happens.  try 256.

--Quanah

That one helped me a lot:

http://jamm.sourceforge.net/howto/html/implementation.html#IMPL-COURIER

My settings in /etc/courier-imap/authldaprc

LDAP_SERVER	127.0.0.1
LDAP_PORT	389
LDAP_BASEDN	ou=Personen,dc=tor,dc=at
LDAP_BINDDN	cn=LDAP,ou=Dienste,dc=tor,dc=at
LDAP_BINDPW	<foobar>
(That's just a workaround, since I don't want anonymous access to LDAP,
but use:)
LDAP_AUTHBIND	1
(AUTHBIND is the only way to use SSHA hashed Passwords)
LDAP_TIMEOUT	5
LDAP_MAIL       mail
LDAP_DOMAIN     yourdomain.example
LDAP_GLOB_UID   1000
LDAP_GLOB_GID   1000
LDAP_HOMEDIR	homeDirectory
LDAP_MAILDIR	Maildir
LDAP_FULLNAME	displayName
LDAP_CRYPTPW	userPassword
LDAP_DEREF	never

Hope that saves you some time a 'wasted'...

Max