Re: [ISSUE?] : jpegPhoto, EQUALITY, octetStringMatch (OL 2.1.17)

Kirill Kovalenko wrote:
Michael Stroeder wrote:
Why do you think that this operation is more expensive THAN e.g. LDAP_MOD_REPLACE?

I mean that both methods are more expensive then just remove+add or just add one more value.

I think in most situations matching a particular binary attribute value is comparable expensive to replacing all attribute values since binary attributes are likely not indexed. Off course it depends on network links, how many attributes values you have, etc.

Judging from my personal experience especially with binary attributes like userCertificate and jpegPhoto it's more robust with various LDAP servers.

Agree. But my original question was about EQUALITY specification. Why not just to add it to the schema?

Does it help in your client application if the OpenLDAP server implements an equality matching rule? What about all the other LDAP servers out in the wild?

Ciao, Michael.