adding objectclass and content

I use objectClass: labeledURIObject and define its value e.g.

"labeledURI: http://users.wpi.edu/~aej Dull home page"

in one action.  This works on the master, but fails on the replica.

On the replica, I can add the objectclass and then add the attribute, but only
in two modify actions.

Is the master wrong to let me add the objectclass and attribute at once, or is
the replica wrong to deny the simultaneous addition?

Since I can add both, but in two steps, I don't think this is an ACL problem,
but can anyone imagine why an ACL might cause this to fail?

Thanks.