Re: LDAPSubentry

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 10:23, Luke Dudney wrote:
> I've been using OpenLDAP 2.0.x for a while and now wish to upgrade to
> 2.1. I was using the LDAPsubEntry objectClass to provide subentries in
> the directory but this objectclass has disappeared in 2.1 I've done a
> slapcat from 2.0, changed instances of 'LDAPsubEntry' to 'subentry' but
> I get "(65) objectClass "2.5.17.0" not supported in context"
>
> Below is an example of how I was using LDAPSubEntry. Does anyone have
> any example of how to achieve the same thing in 2.1 ?

If all your LDAPsubEntry objects only have the attributes cn and labeledURI
then any STRUCTURAL objectclass that allows/requires the cn attribute will
do.
E.g. organizationalRole, device, applicationProcess, corbaContainer, ...

Eventually extensibleObject will also do the trick.

If all these do not fit simply define your own objectclass.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de