Re: DNs longer than 74 characters are wrapped?

Hi,

> OpenLDAP's ldapsearch is wrapping DN's which are longer than 74
> characters on to the next line.  Is this behaviour expected?  Is it
> following the RFC (if one exists for this)?  This is not the behaviour I
> would expect.  One problem I certainly see is that skipping all
> ldapsearch output lines which starts with a '#' won't work because of
> this.

Do not mix the way data is stored in the backend and the output of a
search operation. The output of ldapsearch is LDIF, discribed in rfc
2849 and it says clearly that folding lines is possible. I presume it
is your editor folding lines.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung