RE: bdb installation on Solaris

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 4:07 PM +0200 Paternoster Sergio <Sergio.Paternoster@h3g.it> wrote:

Hi Quanah,
this is my DB_CONFIG file and the /usr/local/db is mounted on the second
disk. Why I have got so much I/O? Do I miss something in my conf?

tahnx in advance
Sergio

set_cachesize 0 419430400 2
set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
set_lg_regionmax 2097152
set_lg_bsize 262144
set_lg_dir /usr/local/db
set_tmp_dir /tmp/openldap

Sergio, Is this for running slapadd, or is this for after the server is running? If it is for after the server is running, one error I see in your DB_CONFIG file is that you have DB_TXN_NOSYNC defined. Also, I've not seen that having a split cache improves performance (I've actually seen the opposite). Unfortunately, I can't really help you anymore than this.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator