DNs longer than 74 characters are wrapped?

OpenLDAP's ldapsearch is wrapping DN's which are longer than 74
characters on to the next line.  Is this behaviour expected?  Is it
following the RFC (if one exists for this)?  This is not the behaviour I
would expect.  One problem I certainly see is that skipping all
ldapsearch output lines which starts with a '#' won't work because of
this.

Comments?

Just to keep this up to date, I've verified that this is still happening
in 2.1.17.  I'm also sending this to the openldap-software list to see
if this is perhaps expected behaviour.

===# ldapsearch -D "cn=admin,dc=snowman,dc=net" -x -h localhost -W
Enter LDAP Password:

# aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, sn
 owman.net
dn: cn=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 ,dc=snowman,dc=net
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If it turns out that this is intentional and expected behaviour I'll
have to close this bug or move it to being wishlist at best...

	Thanks,

		Stephen