Re: Rotating replica log file

> Greetings,
>
>   I looked for this and didn't find any information on it...  I'd like
> to be able to rotate my 'replica' log files without restarting slapd.
> Is this possible?

If you're using it with slurpd, then you don't need to rotare
it because slurpd keeps it clean; you might want to rotate
slurpd's replog file, which can be safely done by stopping
slurpd, moving the file and starting slurpd again.  No changes
will be lost because slpad will keep logging, and slurpd will
start from where it left.  If you're using the log file without
slurpd (e.g. to keep track of changes) then you'll have to stop
slapd.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati