Re: attributetype 'date' syntax

Ron Peterson wrote:
I want to create a 'birthday' attribute type.  For now, I
think I'll just zero all the non-date portions of the generalized time
structure.

Check out attribute type dateOfBirth defined in RFC 2985.

Personally I defined my own string-based attribute type to avoid having to deal with wrong time portion.

The 'check_time_syntax' function in schema_init.c seems to
be the place to loosen the validation restrictions.

I would not mess around in the OpenLDAP code for that.

Ciao, Michael.