Re: there is any bulkload tool for openLDAP

In a message dated: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:49:49 +0200
"Ha Minh NGUYEN" said:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I would like to know if there is any bulkload for openLDAP which does :
>- suppress the current database,
>- bulkload data from an LDIF file to create the new one.

What do you mean by 'suppress the current database'?  Are saying you
want to eliminate all existing entries from the current database,
then completely reload the LDAP server with new data into a new
database from an existing LDIF file?

If so, I think you can safely:

	- stop slapd
	- rm /path/to/database/files
	- start slapd
	- slapadd -l name_of_ldiff_file

>Which performance this tool offers ?

Huh?  Do you mean how fast is the process of removing the existing data and
the adding of new data?  That's completely dependant upon the sizes
of the database and the hardware you're using.

>Thank you for your response,

You're welcome.
--

Seeya,