Re: Problem with attribute syntax

At 11:43 PM 5/12/2003, amendola maurizio wrote:
>Hi at all
>This is the situation.
>I'm customizing microsoft.schema to permit at Active Directory and openldap
>on linux To work together. I have matched problem with syntax of attributes.
>Some problems about attributes identifier I have resolved changed the values
>from MS identifier in RFC 2252 identifier. Now I have a problem with SYNTAX
>1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.53, that it is in RFC 2252.
>
>And so I have a question:
>If the syntax of attribute is defined in the schema and I have defined
>correctly The attribute. Why the slapd tell me syntax not found?

Likely because it doesn't support that syntax.

>Are or not the schema that define the syntax?

Schema only includes a description of the syntax. By itself,
this description is of little value.

>There are in openldap code a point where it is writed to accept only this
>syntax?

OpenLDAP code is written to only accept attribute type
descriptions referencing supported syntaxes.

The syntax identified by 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.53 is
UTC Time.  It's deprecated (because it lacks a century
indicator) in favor of the generalized time syntax  IIRC,
there is a #ifdef you can set to enable support for it
in OpenLDAP.

Kurt