RE: Indexing performance

You need to check out the current HEAD from CVS to try this. Add "shm_key
<some integer>" to your bdb database confing in slapd.conf. You will also
need to completely rebuild your database, as the database format in the
development code is different from the 2.1 release. You will also need to
make sure your system allows creating a 3GB shared memory segment, in your
case, or break up the cache into multiple smaller segments.

  -- Howard Chu