Re:

In a message dated: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:05:45 EDT
"Ang, Melissa" said:

>hello! I would like to ask how to restart the slapd because I edited the slapd
>.conf. I tried using the commang. /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap stop and /etc/rc.d/ini
>t.d/ldap start. But couldn't do a ldapsearch afterwards. any help will be most
> appreciated! thanks!

Well, it's entirely dependant upon the OS you're using.  Since you
seem to be using some UNIX SysV variant (based on the location of your
start scripts) I'd look in that directory to find out which scripts
start and stop the LDAP server.  Typically, the script is not called
'ldap', but rather 'slapd'.

You may want also want to read up on general system administration
concepts and practices, since this type of question is really outside
the scope of this list.  I highly recommend the books by Evi Nemeth
for this.

--

Seeya,
Paul