Re: finger/LDAP

ons, 14.05.2003 kl. 11.25 skrev Christian Nygaard:

> How do I get finger to display correct international characters from
> OpenLDAP users?
>
> Like I get Name: Sven \Aberg like it would be great to have the iso-8859-1
> characters displayed instead.

A terminal-based client probably wouldn't understand anyway (although
... 'man unicode_start', 'man unicode_stop'.) A UTF8-aware GUI fingerd
client should manage it ;)

I have the same problem with names containing Scandinavian and German
(8-bit) characters on my terminals, but my PHP4/UFT8/NLS and X-based gtk
GUI clients cope o.k. Hmm ... as do Java clients.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

There's none so daft as them as will not learn.

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl