Re: "slapmod": off-line tool for editing database entries?

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Has anyone given any thought to the development of a 'slapmod' tool that
> would allow an admin to not only add objects to a database when slapd is
> down, but also to edit objects? [...]

I'd be interested in such a tool if one exists, as I'm currently migrating
to 2.1 from 2.0.

I ended up doing slapcat, running a tool that checks RDNs and adds
objectclasses where necessary, and then slapadd (back to 2.0, because
I haven't quite got 2.1 working yet).

You'll find my tool (in Perl5) at http://horsfall.org/rdnchk (there's
a fair bit of custom stuff in there though).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia