[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to setl the timeout for ldap_simple_bind_s()
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: How to setl the timeout for ldap_simple_bind_s()
- From: Sean Gao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:36:57 +0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210
I meet a problem while using a ldap client based on openldap-2.0.27.
In common cases provided an wrong server name and port the
ldap_simple_bind_s() will return with
errors, however, sometimes if there are just some service programs
running on that server:port, eg. http
service, it seems that ldap_simple_bind_s will not return anymore ...
I wonder if there are approaches to set timeout for the
ldap_simple_bind_s() calling. I have tried with
ldap_set_option() to set LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT and LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT,
seems not taking effect.
Thanks for your idea.