2.0.x <--> 2.1.x replication problem

Hello everyone.

I've tried to find out the same problem (and hopefully a solution) on mail-lists, but I was not lucky enough...

I've been experiencing problems with LDAP replica using software from different distribution branches.

I could solve the problem of replication from a server running openldap 2.1.17 to a server running openldap 2.0.27 with a (acceptable?) work-around:
in the replica directive I simply don't allow propagation of attributes that would be unknown for a 2.0.x server's schemas (entryUUID, entryCSN).

For the opposite direction (a 2.0.x master replicating to a 2.1.x slave) the only work-around (namely: "schemacheck off") I could find is not acceptable since we wish to enforce constraints defined in our own schema files.

The error I get is
  "no structuralObjectClass operational attribute".

Does it mean it is not possible to replicate data in that direction?

Thanks in advance,

---
		Roberto Benedetti