RE: SASL External : unknown authentication method

Oh, I just remembered - this is a bug in Cyrus SASL 2.1.10, it doesn't set the correct security flags on the EXTERNAL mechanism. That's why it comes back with "no worthy mechs found" - the SASL client library wrongly decides that EXTERNAL isn't strong enough. I wrote a simple patch for this months ago, but you'd be better off upgrading to Cyrus SASL 2.1.13.

  -- Howard Chu