RE: OpenLDAP Chaining

That would be my suggestion. Set up multiple back-ldap instances using
subordinates to glue them into a single tree. back-ldap chases referrals
automatically, so clients won't have to worry about them. The catch is that
back-ldap currently only does simple Binds on outbound connections, so if you
need some other authentication mechanism to contact the real servers, it
won't work.

> On Sun, 11 May 2003 sergiopaternoster@tiscali.it wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> > unfortunately I can't modify my client apps (that do not
> manage referrals)
> > so I need a true chaining: the server follows and resolves
> any referrals
> > that it runs into during an LDAP operation. The client
> should receive only
> > the result and never knows that the referral happened. I
> know that iPlanet
> > (sunOne Directory Server) has got this feature, has
> OpenLDAP the same?

  -- Howard Chu