Re: slapcat

Well, assuming you have created a database and have a file
/var/lib/ldap/id2entry.gdbm, are you running slapcat as a user with
sufficient rights to read the file?

If that is not the right file name, you can give the id2entry file as an
arg to slapcat:
slapcat /path/to/id2entry.gdbm

If you're doing the slapcat to create something to reload using slapadd,
consider adding the -n option.  See the slapcat man page.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>