Referals within and between LDAP Entries?

Hi,

I have had an LDAP that stores POSIX users, and its been OK for the last
few months.  This is basically been used for protecting some pages on
web sites, and allowing users to FTP pages to their home directories for
their web sites.

This is an example entry in the LDAP:

dn: uid=school, ou=people, dc=sws, dc=oldham, dc=uk,dc=net
objectClass: top
objectClass: school
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
schoolName: School Primary School
schoolType: Primary
DfES: 9999
commonName: School Primary School
uid: school
uidNumber: 1002
gidNumber: 1000
gecos: School Primary School
loginShell: /bin/false
homeDirectory: /exports/httpd/oldhamschuk/school
shadowLastChange: 10877
shadowMin: 0
shadowMax: 999999
shadowWarning: 7
shadowInactive: -1
shadowExpire: -1
shadowFlag: 0
userPassword:: asdASDDSAasd

My first question is as you can see, schoolName, commanName and gecos
all contain the same value without changing the schema's - is there
anyway I can store this value once, and refer between them.  I would
just like to hold schoolName and commanName, and gecos all point to
this.

The second part is similar, but due to a new requirement.  I have been
asked to give each school a new account so that they can ftp secure data
to a server for collection within our network.

I can't use the same ftp location as the web site incase they make a
mistake and put the data somewhere where it could be accessable over the
web.  This second account would also need a different username and
password as it has to be compatable with an existing system.  This
second account would look like this:

dn: uid=9999, ou=people, dc=sws, dc=oldham, dc=uk,dc=net
objectClass: top
objectClass: school
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
schoolName: School Primary School
schoolType: Primary
DfES: 9999
commonName: School Primary School
uid: 9999
uidNumber: 1999
gidNumber: 1001
gecos: School Primary School
loginShell: /bin/false
homeDirectory: /exports/ftpd/pub/schools/school
shadowLastChange: 10877
shadowMin: 0
shadowMax: 999999
shadowWarning: 7
shadowInactive: -1
shadowExpire: -1
shadowFlag: 0
userPassword:: asdASDDSAasd

As you can see, most of this data is duplicated data.

Is there anyway I can just store the new POSIX account, but use the UID
of the second account to refer to the first account to obtain the rest
of the data?

Am I thinking about this problem in the totally wrong way? :)

Thanks,

--
Andrew McCall
Linux & Internet Systems Administrator