RE: Do large searches block updates under ldbm backend?

I'm doing more testing, but it appears that a search under a LDBM does
indeed block updates of existing records from occuring.

I've got about 200K children entries spread under 100K different parent
records.
I'm binding and doing a search for "objectclass=*" to the root parent of
the 100K entries and gathering every single record.

	This takes about 10 minutes to complete.  The time in which this
search performing, updating an existing record times out, yet adding a
new record or searching the existing records work fine.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Is there anything I can do to use the ldbm backend and have this
functional?  I've tried OpenLdap 2.1.17 and 2.0.23 with LDBM on FreeBSD
4.7 and they both seem to have this problem.

I did use BDB for

Kyle Stone
kstone@corp.halfpricehosting.com