Re: sendmail aliases

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Brian Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope this is an easy one.  I have a nis aliases map which sendmail uses,
> and it contains commands to handle some mailing list stuff, so you get
> entries like this:
>
> myMailingList: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper myList"
>
> I haven't seen any docs regarding putting commands like this into an alias
> entry under SendmailMTAAliasValue or anything, so I was looking for the
> syntax and confirmation that it'll even work and stuff before I go
> populating that whole branch of the directory.
>
> Anyone with a quick LDIF entry they could cut&paste to me?

from $sendmail_src/cf/README

dn: sendmailMTAKey=myMailingList, dc=sendmail, dc=org
objectClass: sendmailMTA
objectClass: sendmailMTAAlias
objectClass: sendmailMTAAliasObject
sendmailMTAAliasGrouping: aliases
sendmailMTAHost: etrn.sendmail.org
sendmailMTAKey: myMailingList
sendmailMTAAliasValue: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper myList"

This is OT for this group.  Try news:comp.mail.sendmail

--
Igor