openldap sasl digest-md5

Ok.

Question for you:  I am able to use sasl digest-md5 if I have the sasldb
setup with a username.  However, I want to have it use the password in the
directory instead and I can't seem to make it work.  When I delete the
sasldb2, and try to do a search again with the same user it tells me that
the user isn't in the database, which makes sense because I just deleted the
database, but I thought that it was then supposed to search for that user
and password in the directory instead of the sasldb2 file.  Can anyone point
me in the right direction?  Am I missing something in the configuration?

Justin B. Kay
Systems Administrator
Northwest Real Estate Capital Corporation
208.947.7040
http://www.nwrecc.org