Re: help with groups?

Thanks for the help Tony, I really appreciate it.  I have a couple of
questions though:

  Tony> You could have groupOfUniqueNames instead of groupOfNames, but
  Tony> then you have to have uniqueMember instead of member.

What is the difference between groupOfUniqueNames and groupOfNames?
Is it really just a matter of uniqueMember vs member, or are there
other implications?

I stumbled across the groupOfUniqueNames method at the tutorial site
someone else mentioned earlier today, and that seemed to be what I
wanted.  Now I'm not sure.

  Tony> So, your: cn=John J Jones,ou=people,dc=foo,dc=bar would fit
  Tony> into that pattern.

Are you saying that this cn style fits into the groupOfUniqueNames
pattern rather than the groupOfNames pattern?  Is that because
I'm not making 'ou=groups' part of everyone's dn as you do?

Also, how do assign "ownership" to a group or
branch, such that someone has access rights to that branch and the
entire sub-tree?

  Tony> However, try the above first :)

Thanks, I will!
--