migration issue

i have an existing openldap directory being served by a redhat 7.3 machine with openldap 2.0, and i'm wanting to migrate it to a new machine running redhat 9 w/ openldap 2.1. i've copied my slapd.conf over, exported my ldap data with "slapcat > ~someuser/somefile.ldif", and imported it on the new machine with "slapadd -v -f "~someuser/somefile.dlif".

running "slapcat" on the new machine verifies that the data is in the directory on the new machine, however i can't seem to access it via any other means. if i connect with ldapbrowser i get an error stating that "List failed" (either anonymously or as the ldap administrator), and i can't seem to search it w/ ldap search either.

did i do something wrong when migrating from the original machine? is there a configuration option that's changed between 2.0 and 2.1 that could be causing this?

--
jacob walcik
jwalcik@mail.utexas.edu