Re: Search in unknown tree

Quoting "Stefano Semeria" <s.semeria@tiscali.it>:

> Please answer! I know it's a stupid question but I don't know what to do.
> How can I perform a search in a DIT with API function ldap_search() if I
> don't know the structure of the DIT and so I don't have any base point for
> the search to start from! PLEASE IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!

/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost -s base -b '' objectclass=* namingContexts

will give you a base(s) to start looking in (the value of the
namingContexts attribute):

[papadoc.pts/10]$ /usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost -s base -b '' objectclass=* namingContexts
dn:
namingContexts: o=Turbo Fredriksson
namingContexts: dc=com
namingContexts: o=Malin Sundqvist