Schema's

Hi,

For the last few years, we have been using our cn's an sn's wrongly.  We
have been putting the department initials in sn, and the full name with
department in cn as shown here:

cn: IT Norman King
uid: norman
givenName: Norman King
sn: IT

We have got to the point where this doesn't really work anymore, so I
have decided to change this so we have a departmentShortName and a
departmentLongName in each record.

I have been looking around for tutorials on how to create schema's, but
I haven't been able to find any.  Does anyone know of any tutorials
on-line for this??

Does anyone know if there is already a schema that will do what I am
wanting to do?

Thanks,

Andrew McCall
Linux & Internet System Administrator
I.C.T. Division
Oldham MBC
Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham
OL1 1UU

Tel : 0161 911 3990
Fax : 0161 911 3998
Email : it.andrew.mccall@oldham.gov.uk

--
I apologise in advance for the impending disclaimer....

the system manager.

www.oldham.gov.uk