schema discovery cookbook for OpenLDAP 2.1.x?

I created  RFC2252 schema data to extended the layout for OpenlDAP 2.1.16.  It's downright pretty, has properly assigned IANA OID, and even works.  :-)

However, no one told me that the final customer target platform is the Sun directory server, and it only accepts LDIF schema data.

What's a good cookbook to export my schema data loaded into a 2.1.16 OpenLDAP server as LDIF?  I've seen the fossilized archive posts about getting to the cn=subschema entry, but lack of detail or internal brain damage prevents me from going further.

-ahd-