Re: help me

Hi,

I think slapd has to start as root, as by default it
tries to bind to port 389. Only root-started processes
can bind to ports <1024.

If slapd is to be started as non-root, in addition to
the data directories needing to be owned by the user,
slapd should start with something like:

slapd -h ldap://hostname:port/

where port >= 1024.

Hope this helps.