Re: "add" and "replace" at the same time?

Maibaum, Volker wrote:

> Is there a way I can import an LDIF-File into OpenLDAP, so that the
> existing
> Entries are overwritten (without deleting Attributes that are not in the
> LDIF-File) and not-existing Entries are added to OpenLDAP?

Read RFC2849. LDIF can be used to represent *all* directory modifications as text file.

> What may be the best way to do this?

Implement your own customized name-your-favourite-scripting-language-here script which accesses both directories via LDAP by using an appropriate LDAP module. Avoid messing around with LDIF and the command-line tools for that task. You will get better control, performance and error handling with your own sync program. It's not that hard to implement such a thing.
(Or ask somebody to do it for you...)

Ciao, Michael.