RE: BDB database maintenance

Believe what you will... back-ldbm isn't sophisticated enough to detect
database inconsistencies automatically, and has no means to repair itself.
Any errors will only reveal themselves slowly over time. back-bdb will detect
inconsistencies automatically, and you can use db_recover to repair the
damage.

  -- Howard Chu