Re: LDIF and structural objectclasses

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
1) Why are userpassword attributes always encoded in base64 in

Because rot13 is not an available LDIF form. :-)

A major design flaw, for sure. :o)

But WTF is '0*1'?

Zero through one.

Duh. Should have thought that, but I got confused by the [...] notation used elsewhere in that document. I don't think it's a good idea to mix different notations in an standards definition. (0*1(foo) and [foo] _do_ mean the same, don't they?)

Why's that an error actually? (And since when, have never seen this so far.)

In short, because the information model says each object has one and only one structure. In long, see X.501(93).

A decision of general principle so to say. Doesn't sound bad in theory, and doesn't work well in practise.

(This has always been the case in LDAPv3.  2.0 failed to check
for this.  In 2.1, we fixed that bug.)

Things get more complicated from year to year... :o)

Thanks to all of you guys, daniel