Re: Error code 17 when adding through JNDI

> the DN for the alias is:
>
> alias=tuser,ou=employees,ou=Sales,ou=xyzOrg,dc=cotelligent,dc=com

>From your schema below, it appears that "alias" is not an attribute you
can use in your DN, so the DN above is invalid.

> My core.schema is included in slapd.conf, and the definition for alias
> is:
>
> objectclass ( 2.5.6.1 NAME 'alias' SUP top STRUCTURAL
>
>            MUST aliasedObjectName )

>From this schema snippet it appears that you will need to have
"aliasedObjectName" as part of the DN, as there appears to not be anything
else there to use as a DN. This will make an ugly DN, but it would look
something like (from your example):

aliasedObjectName=uid=tuser,ou=employees,ou=xyzOrg,dc=cotelligent,dc=com

-lon