BDB backup and security

Hi Quanah,

> So, I personally have no input into which of
> those methods is best, because that solution is not one we chose to pursue.
> If you want to think about what OpenLDAP provides as a backup mechanism,
> that is slapcat.  BDB provides db_dump or db_archive.

And what is the one you choose to pursue? You see, due to some reasons I am paranoid when goes about security things. Putting gziped LDIF representing your LDAP instance on corporate backup facility (sort of TSM) is definitely not acceptable for me. How do you solve this problem (if of course it is a problem for you)? Do you encrypt it?

Btw., did you try to use BDB with strong encryption together with OpenLDAP?

Best regards, vadim tarassov.