RE: BDB recovery after power outage

"Open Source" is not the same as "charity." The content distributed by the
OpenLDAP project got in there because someone was motivated enough to write
it. It wasn't one particular person, it was whoever in the community wanted
it badly enough. This is what "community-developed software" means - everyone
participates, it's not up to one single person.

Time and time again people ask "can you please add this to the FAQ" or "can
you please add X to Y." The standard answer is "the FAQ is interactive - if
you think an answer belongs in it, add it." If you think something needs to
be changed in the distribution, file an ITS. If you expect to be able to just
wish for it and have it magically get done, you're in the wrong place. Things
get done when you make them get done. Complaining on the -software list does
not count as a mechanism for getting things done.

I try very hard not to be blatant about advertising in this forum, but as
Igor pointed out, you can always pay someone to get your problem fixed, if
you can't do it yourself. Given my extensive experience with this project and
all of its associated software, and given the fact that I need to make a
living, I of course believe you should be hiring my company, but that choice
is up to you.

  -- Howard Chu