Re: Does OpenLDAP support transactions

Hi Christian,

Regarding transactions in OpenLDAP the roadmap http://www.openldap.org/software/roadmap.html mentions something about LDAP transactions:

OpenLDAP 2.3 (~4Q2003)
   Functional enhancements and improved scalability:

       * LDAPv3 extensions:
             o Collective Attributes
             o LDAP Transactions

however unfortunately I have no idea what is this, and anyway they should appear only by the end of this year.

Best regards, vadim tarassov.

Christian Jung wrote:

Hi!

LDAP isn't a typical DBMS and therefore doesn't know about transactions. You can get familiar with LDAP in the "OpenLDAP 2.1 Administrator's Guide", chapter 1:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/intro.html

Chris

Balendran M wrote:

  Hi all,

I am developing a Resource adapter for OpenLDAP confirming to Java Connector Architecture v1.0.
JCA 1.0 gives api for Transaction. So I am implementing Transaction API's. I found in articles that
OpenLDAP doesnot support any transactions. Kindly tell me whether there are *isolation levels for
transactions in OpenLDAP. *If so help me how to implement *transaction*?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,

Balendran

M.Balendran        SIP Technologies & Exports Ltd.,
Software Engineer       Elnet SoftwareCity, Chennai, India.
Core Technology Group   URL:http://www.siptech.com/
balendran@siptech.co.in Ph: +91-44-22541473/4 x306