Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server

"netstat -ant | grep 389" => this port is open ?

Try to start openldap in debug mode such as "slapd -d 255" to view error message(s).

When you have built OpenLDAP, do you have run "make test" before make install ?

Do you have linked your libdb-*.so (The BDB lib) in your /lib or /usr/lib
directory ?

What's the version of BDB ? OpenLDAP ?

Regards,

Cécile.

Quoting SURESHKUMAR <sureshkumar@siptech.co.in>:

> Hi,
>
>      When I run the LDAP Server it is running fine.I confirmed it first
> using ps -A.To confirm it again I tried searching using the following
> command : ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
> but I get the following error : ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server.
>
> My system set up is :
> OS - RedHatLinux 7.3
> DB - BerkeleyDB
>
>  Iam attaching my slapd.conf file,can anyone help me .
>
> rgds
> Suresh.K

Mail sent through GFI Mailserver1.0
info: ava@gfi.be