Re: BDB recovery after power outage

--On Sunday, April 20, 2003 8:15 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Sunday, April 20, 2003 8:47 PM -0500 "Luke A. Kanies"
<luke@madstop.com> wrote:

I currently have a very small database, maybe 400 entries, only indexing
about about six attributes, although I'm not convinced that the indexes
are even working, since I keep getting "bdb_equality_candidates:
index_param failed" in my logs.  I haven't found any explanation for it
(although I've found a number of questions about it), so I've just been
ignoring it until I had time to deal with it.

Luke,

That does generally mean that you are not indexing what you are filtering
on (i.e., if you run ldapsearch uid=luke cn) you would want uid to be
indexed, not cn.  Again, I would advise running 2.1.17.  Also make sure
your DB_CONFIG file has the line: set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
that it is commented out with a # sign.

Or, more clearly.... Make sure that line is commented out when running slapd. Let it be defined if you are doing a slapadd, then go back and comment it out before you start slapd.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator