RE: BDB recovery after power outage

Hm, let me see, you already had one major outage before and you still don't
have backups, and you clearly haven't read any of the documentation. Yes, it
certainly seems like there's something wrong with your thought processes.

You might start reading here:

There are links off to the SleepyCat documentation for Berkeley DB, which is
where it gets to the heart of the matter.

  -- Howard Chu