Re: OpenLDAP, Solaris, automount

Try add following to slapd.conf if not and restart slapd:

allow bind_v2 bind_anon_dn

Simon

Chris Whalen wrote:

Does anyone out there have Solaris 8 automounter working with OpenLDAP?  I
have spent a huge amount of time trying to get it to work.  Culled the net
for information and read everything I could find without success.

I have tried the native Solaris 8 LDAP client (including the recent update).
The OpenLDAP libraries.  Every configuration I could find.  I edited the
schema to change all the letters of nismapname and nismapentry to lower case
as several archived postings suggested.  The instructions in the FAQ are
somewhat cryptic and I tried everything except hacking the startup script in
/etc/init.d (my next task).

Linux automounter works fine, though those hosts are using different maps,
ou=auto.master as opposed to nismapname=auto_master.  By watching the debug
log I found that the

I am really losing hope that this is even possible.  If you have it working
can you please let me know that it can be done?

Here is what I think is the critical error in the debug logs on the server. When I start /etc/init.d/autofs I see it descend in the directory to the second object. However, it does not pull the nismapname to direct it to the auto_home object. I've tried a number of syntactical variations on the entries below, but this seems to conform to what most people have provided on lists.

LDIF of the auto_master maps.

dn: nismapname=auto_master,LDAP_ROOT
nismapname: auto_master
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMap

dn: cn=/export/users, nismapname=auto_master, LDAP_ROOT
nismapname: auto_home
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisObject
nismapentry: ldap:10.10.80.103:nismapname=auto_home, LDAP_ROOT
cn: /export/users

Debug log:

=> access_allowed: search access to
"cn=/export/users,nismapname=auto_master, LDAP_ROOT" "nismapname" requested
<= root access granted
<= test_filter 5
<= test_filter_and 5
<= test_filter 5
bdb_search: 106 does not match filter

HELP! Please....

Chris Whalen
Children's  Hospital Research Foundation