RE: Password Hash Schemes

We used this mechanism to develop our backend that turns an NT4 domain
controller or workstation into an LDAP authentication server.

The current 2.1 slapd provides a mechanism with which to dynamically
register new password hashing mechanisms. A careful read of the code in
liblutil/passwd.c should give you enough information to add a new password
hash scheme to slapd.

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP software:
http://www.symas.net/download