Re: 2.1.17 performance issues

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Michael Ströder wrote:

> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> > The failure I see here is not a lack of documentation
> > on the OpenLDAP side, but a lack of willingness of users to go read
> > documentation, and instead rely on asking questions of the list on how
> > to do basic configuration.
>
> Unfortunately this is very true...

Yes and no.  Between the man pages, the administrator guide, the FAQ,
Turbo's HOWTO, the RFCs, and the list archives pretty much everything is
there.  But for example the admin guide alone is certainly insufficient
for more than the basics on getting started.  For advanced information on
ACLs, replication, etc. you need to also consult man pages, the FAQ, etc.
It many cases it may be more a matter of newbie ignorance about where to
look than laziness.

Allan