paging and openldap queries

I posted this last week, but didn't get any responses.
Is someone out there knowledgeable about openldap and
paging? Thanks! --Dave
---

Hi All,

A while ago I combined OpenLDAP's ldapsearch tool with
some code some code from Samba 3.0 to create a LDAP
client capable of performing paging with an LDAP
server. I've been using this tool against my Windows
Domain Controller's ADS without any problems for some
time. The tool talks to the server with LDAP version
3.

Recently I tried this same tool against both an
OpenLDAP 2.0 server, and an iPlanet server 5.1. If I
remove the code that inserts the LDAP Control for
paging, then everything works fine. But with that
control in place (RFC 2696), both servers respond with
the same error (seen on an Ethereal trace):
"Unavailable Critical Extension (0x0c)".

My guess is that this means the server does not
support this control (i.e. paging). Is this correct?
Is OpenLDAP 2.0 supposed to support paging with
version 3 clients? Does anyone know about iPlanet by
chance?

Thanks,
Dave